Yet another delicious way to dress up boring chicken breasts! My kids absolutely loved this chicken. Serve it along side sweet potato fries or top a salad with it. I found this recipe on the Progresso Panko Bread Crumbs box.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 cup plain panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down.
- Gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2-inch thick.
- In shallow dish, mix together maple syrup and mayonnaise.
- In another shallow dish, mix together panko and pecans.
- Dip chicken into syrup mixture, then into panko.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Lightly drizzle tops of chicken with olive oil.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (165°F) and coating is golden brown.