This recipe was in my local paper last weekend, and while I already have two really good potato salad recipes on here, this one looked too good to pass up. So I made it for a school picnic and it was devoured! It’s really, really good! And if you divide the salad into 6 servings, each serving has only 160 calories. That’s thanks to the yogurt/mayo combo in the dressing.
1 1/2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled (about 4 medium)
4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled, and cooled
1/3 cup nonfat, plain Greek-style yogurt
2 Tablespoons mayo
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup green peas, steamed until tender (2 to 5 minutes) if fresh, or thawed if frozen
3 Tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a steamer basket fitted over a large pot of boiling water. Cover and steam until the potatoes are knife-tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the steamer and allow to cool completely. Cut the potatoes into ½ -inch cubes.
- Coarsely chop hard boiled eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
- Add eggs, potatoes, peas, and chives and gently fold until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to meld for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.