I love that tiny little food magazine, called Everyday Food. Not only is it cute looking, but it has some really good recipes, like this one! I made these delicious cookies last night and brought them to a concert-in-the-park with friends. Big hit! They are light and chewy and best of all, easy to pack in the picnic basket. I literally whipped them up in 10 minutes. Hope you like ‘em too!
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package (7 oz.) sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a (12-cup) nonstick muffin tin with Pam cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt until combined.
- Add coconut and mix with a fork until coated.
- Dividing evenly, spoon mixture into prepared tin, and pat in gently with moistened fingers.
- Sprinkle with almonds, and pat on gently.
- Bake until almonds are golden, 25 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in tin.
- Run a thin metal spatula around macaroons to loosen them from pan and turn out onto rack.
- Cool completely.
- Cookies keep in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.