Here’s my very first try at a frittata! And it was easy and delicious! This flavor combo is incredible. Serve with a side of fruit for breakfast or with a side salad for lunch. Delish!
3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
2 Tablespoons half & half
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon Penzy’s “Sunny Paris” seasoning, or dried Italian herbs
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon butter
1/4 cup onion, diced
10 small fresh asparagus stalks, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
6 slices raw smoked bacon, chopped
- Position oven rack in the upper part of the oven and preheat broiler.
- Whisk eggs and 1/2 cup cheese, half & half, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning together in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil and butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, asparagus and bacon, and cook until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, pour egg mixture into the skillet, stirring gently to distribute the fillings evenly.
- Cover, and cook until the bottom sets, but does not get too brown, about 9 minutes.
- Remove cover, scatter remaining 1/4 cup of cheese over the surface.
- Place fritatta under the broiler until top sets and browns slightly, about 1-2 minute.
- Set aside 5 minutes before un-molding.
- Slip the fritatta out of the pan onto a cutting board, cut into wedges.
- Serve warm or room temperature.