Here’s a KP original quiche recipe for ya. I love Greek spinach pie, so decided to see if I could make something similar in a quiche. This turned out delicious! It’s light and flavorful–the lemon and feta give it a great zing! Serve with a side salad for lunch–leftovers are also yummy as breakfast the next morning.
1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach
3/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup white onion, diced
2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup herb flavored Feta cheese in oil, drained well and crumbled
1 prepared pie crust
3 Tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Press pie crust into a pie plate and set aside.
- Drain spinach and squeeze out as much moisture as possible–it should be fairly dry. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add olive oil to pan and saute onions, garlic and mushrooms for 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in spinach and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and milk.
- Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice and whisk only until blended.
- Stir in cooled spinach mixture and Feta cheese.
- Scrape mixture into crust.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out dry.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.