This is an old favorite of mine! I love to make these stuffed mushrooms as a first course when serving an Italian meal. The fresh mushrooms are packed with cheesy-spinach goodness and melt in your mouth! This recipe comes from a magazine, but it’s so long ago, I don’t remember which one.
1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach
1/2 lb. Havarti cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 lbs. (about 30) medium-size white mushrooms
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thaw frozen spinach and squeeze out all excess water. Set aside.
- With a damp paper towel, gently wipe mushrooms clean. Remove stems and discard.
- Place mushroom caps on a large cookie sheet.
- Spray mushroom caps with Pam cooking spray and lightly season with salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor, place spinach, Havarti, parmesan, eggs, milk, garlic powder, oregano, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pulse until cheese is finely chopped and ingredients are well blended.
- Fill each mushroom cap with 1 level Tablespoon of spinach mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and filling is set.
- Serve warm.