1 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon rum extract
2 cups ripe banana, mashed with a fork (about 5 or 6 medium size bananas)
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sweetened coconut, flaked
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray two loaf pans (8-in x 4-in x 2-in) with Pam cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla and rum extracts to sugar mixture. Beat on high speed with electric mixer about 3 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir mashed bananas into sugar mixture.
- With electric mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Beat until just combined. (Do not over mix or bread will be tough.)
- Fold in coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If tops brown too quickly, loosely cover with tin foil and continue baking.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes, then remove to wire racks and cool completely.