Love Alfredo, but hate the fat? Then here’s a recipe you’ll want to try! This baked chicken dish has all the flavor of Alfredo, but less fat. The recipe makes enough sauce to serve over pasta as a side dish–also good with steamed green beans. I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine.
6-8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 packet Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix, dry
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/3 cup white wine
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with Pam cooking spray, and place chicken in dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together dressing mix, cream cheese, wine and soup until well blended. Stir in green onions.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts, covering all chicken.
- Bake COVERED for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir, return cover and continue backing additional 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.